Monday, January 19, 2009

Magic

Intro: I am hoping my mom will let me use this instead of having to write in my journal. I'm going to do 3 sections every time I post (hopefully): 1)journal 2)random thoughts 3)review. this one has intro as a fourth section cause I feel like doing an intro. Journal is whatever happened to me recently and random thoughts is whatever thought is bouncing around in my brain review is a quick review on a book I've read recently, or a movie I've seen or something of that sort..

Journal: My parents just got home from Mexico on Saturday night.
I finally finished my science fair thing. I was doing my experiment on if plants can use different forms of energy.
I went to try yoga with my mom this morning. It was actually really fun. I found out that I'm pretty flexible but I have no core strength. I was getting beat by a bunch of old ladies!
My little sister got rabbits today. We have two of them and we're having a two week 'probation period' to see if we can be responsible with them. I hope we actually get to keep these pets. I'm happy we're actually getting a pet (my mom hates animals) but I'm slightly annoyed because my sister is going to say they're hers and hers alone, especially if she's mad at me. Also, I kept trying to persuade my mom to let me get a pet and she said no, but when my sis asks it's a yes? Some of the times I was trying to get a pet it was actually for school! What the heck?!
Also, we went to try to find books. We read a lot of them, but they're either library or they're so good we want to share them so we give them away. One of my mom's resolutions is to build our library so we went book shopping.

Random Thought: What is magic? Magic is something that is currently unproven by science. what is the difference between a magical creature and a non magical creature? You could say it's abilities, but many 'normal' creatures have abilities that others don't. A bat or bird can fly, but they're not magic. Why is a unicorn magic? It's a horse with a horn on its head. Yes, the horn has the ability to detect and neutralize poison, but why can't it just have some kind of odd chemical in it?
How do we know that 'magicians' a long time ago weren't merely scientists far ahead of their time? How do we know that 'magical creatures' aren't merely creatures that went extinct a long time ago?

Review: I guess I'll do Horton Hears a Who. My family watched it last night. I cant really think of anything to say about it, though. I did love the part where he's all "Oh, hey Vlad." and it's the rabbit. I also loved "I am light as a feather." (a feather falls and the plank collapses). Jojo was awesome, but they made him way more major than he was in the book and it kinda bugs me. And wasn't it some scientist and not the mayor who was talking to Horton?

No comments:

Post a Comment